190,000 short-answer and multiple-choice questions
referenced to 20,000 topics, covering virtually everything in
a quality curriculum through the secondary level. Integrated,
interdisciplinary and easy to use, Knowledge Master is an unparalleled
things you can do with 1,000s of questions at your fingertips:
- Knowledge Master empowers students
to build a broad knowledge base while implementing higher cognitive
skills and critical-thinking abilities. Here are a few things
teachers, students, academic coaches and parents can do with
this comprehensive array of stimulating questions.
- Build reliable tests quickly with just the desired degree
of difficulty on practically any topic.
- Create individual, cooperative or competitive activities
for students to explore and review course material.
- Implement criterion-referenced testing with any course or
- Effortlessly create rounds of questions for academic competitions.
- Prepare an academic team with world-class practice -- general
- Give curriculum a checkup. What does it emphasize? Is everything
- Give your own education a checkup. How much do you know about
something -- or everything?
- Objectively evaluate independent study.
for different educational levels
- Knowledge Master questions are available
at three educational levels (for Windows or Macintosh):
- Knowledge Master Library: The entire database of 190,500
questions, emphasizing knowledge and skills presented at the
high school level. $385
- Knowledge Master Basics: more than 61,000 questions selected
from the Knowledge Master Library, appropriate for middle schools
or junior highs. $195
- Knowledge Master Elementary: A subset of the Knowledge
Master Basics, nearly 16,000 questions suitable for 4th, 5th and 6th
These questions are also available in subject
series by grade level and by individual subject titles
starting at $24, as shown on our order
form. Every year the minions of the Great Auk add thousands
of new questions to the database, which are available on an annual
Knowledge Master Network/Site License: Install Knowledge
Master on your school network or make unlimited copies for use
in your school for a one-time licensing fee. $200
credible sources inspire the questions
- Knowledge Master's mission is to present the elements of
a quality education through questions and the practical means
to use them. Knowledge Master questions are carefully written
to include appropriate knowledge-level items, but most involve
the higher cognitive skills of comprehension, application and
analysis. These questions are inspired by a host of resources
including text books, reference works, periodicals, atlases,
curriculum guides, course objective summaries, primary sources,
and news media. Therefore, the questions represent many different
perspectives, addressing curriculum-related topics.
selection is easy, yet powerful
- Easy-to-follow menu choices help you select a group of questions
- the topic(s)
- the number of questions
- short-answer, multiple-choice or both
- difficulty level, ranging from Elementary to Master
- The questions are then automatically, randomly, and instantly
selected for you. Browse through the selected questions and,
with a click, omit any you do not want in the group. The group
of questions may be saved for future use and, if desired, modification.
- Knowledge Master's 20,000 topics are the key by which you
select questions from the database. This small sample of the
topics demonstrates their range -- from very broad to very specific.
- ALCOTT, LOUISA MAY
- ALEXANDER THE GREAT
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND
- ALIMENTARY CANAL
- AMAZON RIVER
- AMERICAN GEOGRAPHY
- AMERICAN GOVERNMENT
- AMERICAN HISTORY
- AMERICAN LITERATURE
- AMINO ACID
- ANCIENT EGYPT
- ANCIENT GREECE
- ANCIENT ROME
- ANTONY, MARK
features give you abundant options
- On-Screen Activities: Direct student use of the database
includes activities for self-quizzing or challenging others.
You can even simulate a timed Knowledge Master Open with multiple-choice
questions you choose.
- Printing: Knowledge Master includes a variety of printing
routines so you can produce tests, quizzes, worksheets or academic
competition rounds. Print answers with the questions or on a
separate key; print questions in one or two columns or on cards.
- Parallel Forms: Instantly randomize the questions
in a selected group to effortlessly produce the same test with
questions in a different order.
- Modify Questions: Change any part of any Knowledge
Master question, including the stem, the foils, the topics or
the difficulty level. You may even completely replace or delete
- Add Your Own Questions: Create an unlimited number
of your own questions, which will be automatically indexed with
those already in the database.
- Password Protection: Protect the question database
with your own password, which keeps unauthorized hands from changing
anything. Questions may be added or modified only if the password
is on. The password enables you to assemble question groups,
say, for exams, and restrict access to them by anyone but you.
- Test Reliability: One of the most remarkable qualities
of the system insures that your measuring instrument is not a
rubber ruler. Two randomly generated Knowledge Master tests,
with at least 20 questions each on the same topic at the same
difficulty level, given to the same students, will produce similar
scores. For the statistically minded, the reliability coefficient
for the alternate forms is nearly always higher than .8. Of course,
higher reliability can be achieved with greater numbers of questions.
This level of reliability occurs whether you are testing a fairly
specific topic such as the American Revolution or a very broad
topic like American History.
- Test Validity: Knowledge Master tests and quizzes
test what they are supposed to measure by providing content validity.
All questions in the database are criterion-referenced -- each
question is referenced to the appropriate topics. So, if you
randomly select questions on a topic, the questions will all
relate to the topic.
Download a free Knowledge Master Preview
- A free
Knowledge Master Preview with 1,000 questions
and fully functional features is available.
- For more information or to order
any Knowledge Master product, contact:
- Academic Hallmarks
- PO Box 998,
- Durango, CO 81302
Top of page
- OUR QUESTIONS ARE YOUR ANSWER